Click left for IB Course syllabus and details of your course
What is History? Click on the image left to access powerpoint
TOK focus - when we use the term History what exactly do we mean?
From whose perspective is Historiy written?
Can History represent multiple perspectives?
If so, how do we know which perspective to trust?
Palgrave Study Skills are a series aimed at developing skills needed at both IB and HE levels. This chapter looks at effective reading and note taking skills when dealing with history texts and sources....
- Use digital resources + room 24 books to practise reading skills
- Compile Factfile on one of the following:
Holodomor; 'Triumph of the Will'; Taiping Rebellion; Russian Silver Age
(When, where, what, causes, key events, impact, importance)
Hexagons generator - Classtools.com
- add your own lists to create hexagon printouts to help revision
- Examples of use:
- RTP for authoritarian leaders
- causes of war
- factors determining victory in war/success in AS policy